"To educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural and human environment."
November 8 Conservation Update
for all the opportunities we have to protect our generous planet and
recover its health.
- Texas Trees Foundation wants you to volunteer to plant trees in parks:
- November 9 White Rock Lake https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E347204&id=44
- November 16 Flag Pole Hill https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E347204&id=45
- November 22 JC Park https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E347204&id=50
- December 14 Fretz Park https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E347204&id=49
- November 21, 6:30-8:30 at First Unitarian Church, learn how to be part of the solution at "Climate Change and Food in Dallas." https://www.facebook.com/events/2484873278502561/
- November 26,
- 9-2, Dallas Sierra Club is supporting the local Poor People's Campaign Ecological Devastation Bus Tour. If you would like to take part in the tour call Olinka Green at 214-625-2970.
- 4:00 pm teach-in at Pan African Connection, 4466 S
Marsalis Ave, Dallas.
- Through November 25, regardless whether you were able to comment live on October 17, submit your comments about the proposed Methane Rule Rollback at https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=EPA-HQ-OAR-2017-0757-0002 . See Sierra Club's article at https://www.sierraclub.org/texas/blog/2019/09/trump-s-epa-officially-publishes-methane-controls-rollback-rule-invites-public
- Now it is more important than ever that you tell your
Congressional representatives what you think about Climate Change.
- Express your own ideas by contacting them directly at https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
- Sign a petition supporting a green new deal at http://addup.sierraclub.org/campaigns/support-a-green-new-deal
- Ask Congress to stop our withdrawal from the Paris Climate
Agreement at https://texasimpact.org/dont-leave-paris/
Texas Clean Energy Scorecard
Lone Star Sierra Club has published their Clean Energy Scorecard to help you inform yourself about the clean energy efforts of your Retail Electric Provider. Read about it here. Then go to http://www.texascleanenergyscorecard.com/ to learn how your retail electric provider rates, and what you might ask them to improve.
Conservation News Email List
Sign up to get Dallas Sierra Club Conservation News Stay up-to-date on conservation issues affecting the Dallas area with this (usually) twice-per-month email.
Conservation starts at home! Think globally, act locally comes down to your own garbage can. The majority of Americans recycle, so join us. Click here for information about recycling in Dallas, Fort Worth, and surrounding cities. If you have questions about recycling or recycling campaigns, contact Victoria Howard at 972-768-6067.
Share Your Ride
We are making car pooling and using public transportation a little easier for our regular events. See our new Share Your Ride page.
You can get FREE mulch delivered to your house from tree service companies, and-or you can pick up FREE mulch by yourself at various companies and city recycling centers. Click here for information about free mulch. If you have questions, contact Kirk or Coralie Miller at 972-699-1687.