"To educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural and human environment."
October 8 Conservation Update
- Before October 11, send your comments to the US Forestry Service about oil and gas leasing in Texas grasslands and forests. Sierra Club has asked for an extension of the comment period. See https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/texas/landmanagement/planning/?cid=fseprd658669 . Sierra Club recommends no more drilling. If you would like to read Houston Sierra Club's Brandt Mannchen's detailed comments, send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- October 17 Attend the EPA hearing on Methane rules 8am-6pm at the Earl Cabell Federal Courthouse in Dallas. To speak, sign up by October 14 at https://www.epa.gov/controlling-air-pollution-oil-and-natural-gas-industry/forms/public-hearing-proposed-policy. You can read the proposed rule and comments made online at https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=EPA-HQ-OAR-2017-0757. See Sierra Club's article at https://www.sierraclub.org/texas/blog/2019/09/trump-s-epa-officially-publishes-methane-controls-rollback-rule-invites-public
- October 21-November 1 vote early for Propositions 2, 5 and 8 in the November 5 Constitutional Amendments election. See https://www.turntexasgreen.org/2019 for details.
- Before October 31, please take the online survey for Dallas businesses and residents, also at https://www.dallasclimateaction.com/cecap Here are some ideas from Rita Beving: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oSbQwkCvqNrLsEh5L_WdRMW5hMGiZLRi/view?usp=sharing
- Volunteer now, if you can help on Saturday, November 2,
9-12, to hand out trees at one of six Branch Out Dallas locations. https://www.voly.org/agencies/profile.html?id=4464
- November 8, 8:30-4:00 at Eastfield College, hear inspiring speakers on Environmental Justice, for the DCCCD Sustainability Summit. Details and registration are at https://www.dcccd.edu/au/sustainability/events/summit/pages/default.aspx
Texas Clean Energy Scorecard
Lone Star Sierra Club has published their Clean Energy Scorecard to help you inform yourself about the clean energy efforts of your Retail Electric Provider. Read about it here. Then go to http://www.texascleanenergyscorecard.com/ to learn how your retail electric provider rates, and what you might ask them to improve.
Conservation News Email List
Sign up to get Dallas Sierra Club Conservation News Stay up-to-date on conservation issues affecting the Dallas area with this (usually) twice-per-month email.
A Climate Change Walk Through Downtown Dallas
Take a narrated tour of downtown Dallas to hear about changes that have already happened, changes we expect, and changes we can make. Reserve a spot on an upcoming Climate Change Walk.
Walks are also listed on our calendar.
Conservation starts at home! Think globally, act locally comes down to your own garbage can. The majority of Americans recycle, so join us. Click here for information about recycling in Dallas, Fort Worth, and surrounding cities. If you have questions about recycling or recycling campaigns, contact Victoria Howard at 972-768-6067.
Share Your Ride
We are making car pooling and using public transportation a little easier for our regular events. See our new Share Your Ride page.
You can get FREE mulch delivered to your house from tree service companies, and-or you can pick up FREE mulch by yourself at various companies and city recycling centers. Click here for information about free mulch. If you have questions, contact Kirk or Coralie Miller at 972-699-1687.